Labuan Bajo, Paradise on Earth Day 1

Glad to be back!

Hi everyone, in this post I want to share about my 4D3N trip in Labuhan Bajo or commonly called Labuan Bajo which is located in Flores, Nusa Tenggara Timur, Indonesia. Another bucket list, ticked off. Thanks to detik.com and tiket.com for the opportunity to see one of the most beautiful islands in Indonesia, also thanks to Lily tours and Bajo Cakrawala Cemerlang for the great service and hospitality.




I have to tell you that this island is SUPER BEAUTIFUL. I have no idea how to describe the beauty of this island because it's beyond beautiful for real. It makes me want to explore more about Indonesian tourism. Everything is just amazing as far as the eyes can see.


Let's go to the Day 1

Oh wait..
Before I take you to see the beauty of Labuan Bajo let me first tell you about my first time living on boat. I was afraid of the fact that I should live on the boat for 3 days and 2 nights (which means more than 48 hours I spend my time in the middle of the sea even I sleep on that boat too, adrift). But all I can say is it was amazing! Living in the same boat with your families or friends or colleagues is a real quality time. You can eat, dance, sing, and do anything together in the same place without somebody would going out somewhere.






Our lunch at the boat, they served us crispy fried fish, fried eggplant, Indonesian traditional food orek tempe, ikan bumbu (I don't know the name but it tasted so good), and fruits.


 
Our dinner: Omelette, fried noodle, fried shrimp, eggplant and tofu with spicy sauce, tumis kangkung, orek tempe with teri. I had no idea why everything tastes sooo good.



My 2 nights and 3 days home away from home.


Okay, let's start the adventure..

Puncak Waringin

After 2 hours of flight from Jakarta to Labuan Bajo, we (me and my trip partners) were welcomed by the heat of the sun. As we headed to our boat called Kapal Pinisi we stopped by here at Puncak Waringin just to capture some pictures and see a little part of Labuan Bajo City from above.





Kelor Island

Our first destination was Kelor island,  we enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere and unspoiled nature here. This island is actually uninhabited, so we just went around and enjoyed sightseeing. The view was unbelievably awesome. The sapphire blue color of the sea amazed us. I could breathe the wild fresh air from above, couldn't ask for more.





But, you should know that to reach the top of Kelor island you have to climb carefully because the trekking is very steep and slippery. It consists of rocks and sands and some dried plants, it's super steep and exhausting but it's worth every step like the quote you might ever read, "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." #anjay.



Menjerite Island

Second stop was Menjerite Island, my first-time-snorkeling-place like seriously I never ever do that thing before. I was dare myself and it's fun apparently.
Being underwater with some sea creatures around you and seeing beautiful corals is the best feeling. Let's do that again somewhere, somehow!



PS: I didn't took any picture under water cause I was too much excited and actually didn't have any under water camera lol.

Kalong Island


After a long and exhausted journey climbing Kelor Island and snorkeling in Menjerite island, we chilled out at the boat to catch sunset in Kalong Island. It's sooooooo amazing because when we were waiting for sunset, there are a lot of bats coming out of the island to move around for food (they normally go to Labuan Bajo city in the evening).



 



It's a magical night for me. Every island has its charm, I feel so blessed :)

Alright, enough for Day 1 in Labuan Bajo. See you again on the next post! 
Have a good day everyone.


Follow me on Instagram @andriannyas for daily updates.

Comments

Popular Posts